Partner NGSS Workshops
These workshops focus on NGSS and inquiry science, and are led by people who have previously worked with CSA. If you've worked with us before, and want your workshops or other events listed here, please let us know.
California Environmental Education Foundation 7th Teacher Institute
- Open to teachers in grades 4-12 within LA county (middle school teachers especially encouraged).
- Only 2 teachers per school accepted.
- Held Saturday 1/26, Saturday 3/9, Saturday 5/18
- Theme: "Climate Change: The Water and Energy Future of Los Angeles.”
- Combines 5E instructional model + NGSS + SKIES.
- Participants receive $600 stipend + free passes to Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Co-sponsored by the Metropolitan Water District and LA Department of Water and Power.
- Application deadline: 1/18/19, principal signature required. Email CEEF Institute Director John Zavalney (email@example.com) for more details.
Synergy Academies Lesson Study Science Collaborative
- Open to high school physics, chemistry, and biology teachers.
- Phenomenon-based inquiry + 3D planning for NGSS + technology (including SKIES).
- Lesson study format (make and conduct lesson, other teachers observe).
- Participants receive a stipend.
- Information session on 2/7/19 from 1-3 pm at Synergy Quantum Academy, RSVP to Clara Garay at firstname.lastname@example.org.